Karl Ludwig von Bertalanffy, the founding father of the General System Theory was born on September 19, 1901, in Atzgersdorf (near Vienna) and died on June 12, 1972 in Buffalo (New York).
- a biologist who dared to discover some of the laws that govern the riddle of life,
- a philosopher, ahead his time, who searched universal laws of organization,
- a scientist inherently ethical who aimed at improving the human condition,
- a man acting as a citizen of the world, then learning to be aware of humanity’s enigmas,
- an enlightened human, who encouraged his congeners to think ethically & ecologically.